Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Saving Money


After polishing and presenting my business plan, I decided that I should work and save money to actually start my business.  While I search for employment to keep a steady income, it is best for me to find ways to receive and save money.  As an entrepreneur, it is wise to have a budget if I want to start a business venture.  I found a list of financial tips from Under30CEO that may help you with finance savings.

Set Goals
Setting goals helps you decide on how you invest your money.  Be sure to have realistic goals.  We cannot all become billionaires overnight.  Start off small, and then build your way up.  It shows that you are consistent with what you want in your business and life.

The Best and Worst of Times
Along with setting goals, you should always have a backup plan.  Things happen in life and some things we can’t stop.  Instead of complaining about how you are the victim, you could put some money aside “for a rainy day.”  When those unanticipated events happen, you have money reserved for emergency.

Track Your Money
When I see something new that comes out in stores, I am always ready to buy it.  However, if it is too much money, you should try to buy last year’s model. Whether you buy the new or old model, you should always keep records of your purchases.  If it is certain equipment, you can write that off during tax time.

This is only a portion of what can do with your money.  If you are aware of what you have to spend and what you spend it on, you should be well on your finances.  For more tips, check out Under30CEO.  They have plenty more tips on what you can do with your money as you build a business.

No comments:

Post a Comment